1 . A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time: 1/100th of a second.(so this is what it means when you say you will be back in a jiffy)
2. In 18th century England, gambling dens employed someone whose
job was to swallow the dice if there was a police raid.
3. There is enough fuel in full jumbo jet tank to drive an average car
four times around the world.
4. A rainbow can be seen only in the morning or late afternoon. It can
occur only when the sun is 40 degrees or less above the horizon.
5. The world's youngest parents were age 8 and 9. They lived in
China and had their child in 1910.
6. The electric chair was invented by a dentist
7. The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar
tube and the chocolate bar in his pocket melted.
8. The dot that appears over the letter i is called a "tittle."
9. There are 2,000,000 millionaires in the United States.
10. The Spanish word esposa means "wife." The plural, esposas,
means "wives," but also "handcuffs."
How many of the above did you know?
Well now, do someone a favour, by sharing with a friend, to share with a friend, to share with a friend.